Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

4.30.2005

booga booga 

Soooo.

I'm in europe. It's come to my attention that some of my friends do not know this....sorry I just don't think to mention it. Therefore I will mention it here. And yet you will still not know cause well who actually reads this on a daily basis? I know that I don't and I'm the one who writes it.

So I'm going to keep a log of my days here. So I don't need to write it in a journal.

So, my brother and I arrived back in Seattle at about 10pm, after a wonderful trip by stephen and a 4hr flight with mr. talkative. Sometimes I hate being in an enclosed space with my brother, I'm suprised I don't choke him. We watched some anime which I haven't done in months. Honest. Months. Well we found out that 3 of our luggage didn't make it and that's a bit of a problem cause we were going to leave in 10 hrs for Europe. Yes the next morning and I would not get to see Washington in the sunlight for another 1.5 weeks. Sucks.

I at least have some of my clothes, not all my underwear and none of my socks. My bro has nothing.

Oh sidenote: Soooooo, the President of the US, monkey boy, decided to do a primetime showing of himself regarding Social security. He aired at 9:30 but he had originally planed for 9. The reason he did was because ABC et al didn't want to interrupt their nightly lineup, including "the apprientance" And doesn't that say it all. The monkey boy was going to talk about SS, and media is like no, it will interrupt our entertainment. Honestly, why do people not have time or care about what is going on with the government? specially when it effects your future like Social security. Oh wait. I'm sorry it's interrupting your entertainment. Please I think is says a lot about americans when we don't want such things to interrupt or reality shows. Stupid stupid stupid!

Day 1

So we landed, finally, we had connecting flights in nework and I had been on an airline for 15 hrs in the last two days. I hate flying cause I can feel the germs coming in my body from the recycled air and my water leaving. Ugg. So we arrived at 7:30 am, and my body was ready for a bed. But instead, I took a shower in a very nice hotel in the suburbs of paris. I do like those shower knobs, they have on the left, either the shower or the water pump to fill the tub, and on the left you have the temperature knob from like 25 C to 55C. It's phun and very cool.

After the showers, we left at about 10:30 and headed out to Notre Dame. Really, the subway/public transp. here is just way to convienent, I don't understand why every major city doesn't set one up cause it just makes it that more attractive to make it here. So it's pretty sunny here and when we got to the island, after realizing that where my mom had thought the hotel was at, was not anywhere close to where we were actually. We got there adn the first thing we did was eat lunch at a little cafe and get ripped off. Everything is pretty expensive, no way I could live like this, also it partly to do witht he fact that we only go the tourist places. Next we climbed the tower and went to the top of the church. It took awhile but is was phun, all those winding stairs, the circular ones. But I didn't have phun coming down...never have been really well about stairs going down, I think it cause I always think I'm going to die by falling down stairs and cracking up my head. I was enjoying myself till we went into the main part of the curch and I was reminded that a church is a religious symbol and crosses were all over the place. I'm so not a religious person...blah ;(

After that, we went to this rich department store near the opera house. It reminded me of bloomingdales but with different brands...cool brands but expensive. And then...yes and then...my brother and dad started dying and they are like, since we are tired everyone should go back to the hotel and watch us slumber. Yes, just what I came to europe to do...watch two idiots slumber. Who ever made up the stupid rule where the whole family needs to do everything whenwe go out. I'm just too independent to stick to each other like rubber. Gah, so my mom and I let the boys go home first and we shopped more. ugg...

we then went to the local huge drugstore/market and picked up some tv dinners, juice, and CHEESE! Ohhhhhhhh the cheese...so good yum yum yum ;)

So last night, we were watching the chinese channel here. ANd they have a bunch of stuff...it's cool, all the commercials are all asian people, its nice. But then they had this show about chinese french. And showed how the chinese people had assimilated to french culture. There were asian girls doing the cancan...it was werid...and kind of wrong in a way. And there were lots of white people in the show speaking better chinese than me *ouch* It was interesting cause as an asian american, I've been assimilated in a way, hotdogs, sports, etc...and I never thought about how other asians in different countries assimilated hmmmmm.... I guess I always thought that asians just learned english if they learned another language...but there they are speaking perfect french...something about the language is sexy...specailly when everyone is speaking it.

I also noticed that there are a lot more interracial couples here, they are way cute...and everywhere. It think the french are much more open about it, but I do still think they have problems. most of the nice areas that the tourist go to, they are mainly white people serving and around, there is a better mixt than certain parts of the US, but when we were riding the train/subway, there were areas where more blacks were hanging out etc.

It's so beautiful here. Almost every building is built with so many windows and rails. ANd when the streets are narrow, it almost seem as if the buildings are leaning together to hug ;)

DAY 2

so we woke up way to early to go to the lourve, which was not open since it was May 1st and labor day for almost all of the worl...all of the world. Instead, it was closed and there protests going on aroudn the city. A lot of people were protesting the constitution being debated by the french government. A chinese guy we had run into yesterday had warned us to be careful because lots of french people don't like americans and what nonfrench to leave. Which my family ignores and proceeds to speak loudly in english...la la lal! Angry glares from the french.

Also realized that probably half of the city is made up of tourist, and of that half, about 3/4 are french people from around the country...Paris is such a tourist place. So since it was closed, we took this green double decker that has a planned route of part of the city (which is huuuuuuge by the way) so we got on, and you usually can get off or on whereever you want, but my family is like, lets just take the whole route once and then get off and go later. So my brother and my dad proceed to sleep around the city of paris. oh geez. I'm tired and I feel asleep near the end...after like 2 hours but they sleep from the beginning. So we got off and went visit the arch built by napoleean for his armies' victories...don't remember the name ;) And then we went to the effial tower. It was cool to get such a view of the whole city, I have them and ifyou want to see them, just ask, but it was amazing how large the city actually is and how well they used the sapce, I think americans are lazy since they feel lik they have so much space.

That's about it. I hate talking to my brother sometimes, we are close, but I hate talking to him cause he freaks out, repeats things like 50 times, and he's so whiney expects us to do so much for us. I just ignore him afterawhile....gah.

soo that's it so far. See you guys tomorrow. look look, its becoming a daily thing ;) how exciting
Posted by Steviek @ 04:28

Comments:

you can't spell popular paris attractions (or remember their names) worth crap.

have funnnnnnnnn.
By Blogger secretzman, at 9:52 PM
hahaha...yeah I have a bit of a problem with spelling, remembering names...etc....grammer ;) I always feel sorry for people who read my blog, specially after I read it, cause I catch so many grammer mistakes...specially congegating verbs,......mauahah
By Blogger Steviek, at 3:34 PM
invisible