Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

4.25.2005

Closing to the School Year 

Hey....so I haven't posted awhile and now that I'm done with finals. Lets hit it.

So I walked out of my 2nd test of the day, this afternoon at 3:30 and spent the rest of the day listening to Killer Coke lies and information. And then I hung out with Beth and old board. And I realized that my day really didn't start untill 3:30.

Sidenote: Hate those conversations where people are talking to each other and they are like...I'm not "blah" and the other person is like, yes you are "blah" and then the other person hits back and is like no no I'm not I wish I was but no I'm not. And the other person responds with "Yea yeah you are blah, I woudn't lie to you" and they go around and around like that forver. And I'm like shut the hell up. Yes you are, and the other person will lie to you. now shuddup.

Anyways. I was/am really angry. Right before my second exam, some guys where talking about how a guy in my section had been cheating on an exam, the one we had taken that morning. And they were going on about how shameless and etc he was....but honestly they were just bragging about their friend. Yeah, the school has honor codes, yeah we say we aren't suppose to cheat.

BUT lets be honest here. The system wants you to cheat and the fact that it says differently just pisses me off. You are rarely caught for cheating and the pressure, curves, all those things riding on the grades just encourages us to cheat. As we say in MO rewarding B and hoping for A. Lets get realistic about what our society is rewarding her. Paper. They are rewarding us with ink and paper, not minds, thoughts, intelligence.

We should be really rewarding children for what they learn, not what they output in a 2hr time span. Tests do not cut it as a metric anymore and grades do not accuratly reflect what you learn or the effort you put in. I think it's time we re-evaluate. I think it's time you re-evaluate. It's time I re-evaluate. What am I really learning from this education of powerpoints, group projects, slides, black suits that make people look like pricks. Honestly. Will this teach anything about myself? what I like, what I want to do, how I work with others? Will it help me grow as a person, develop so that I can reach my full potential. Likely...Not.

And yet, I can't stop myself from working on the hws, making sure that I complete the studying required for an exam. Do I really want to just throw it all away? Can I? Am I strong enough? Can I really afford to do so?

The coke thing really made me angry. Who in the hell acutally lies like that publicly.
http://killercoke.org But some really articulate people got up there and spoke against them. I wish that I could be that articulate and have a real point. Most of the time I just ramble on and blah blah blah. ANd hafl the time I don't the things that come out of my mouth make sense. Oh well. Beth just says its cause I'm in a hurry. Probably.

Well, so this is a closing isn't it? So I've changed and learned so many things this year. Most of is due to UAAO and the board. But it's phunny, a lot of the changes, I didn't even realize were happening till they were here and done. The 8 of us on board are a cohesive group and it's hard to let go. I'm going to miss those guys, we hang out and are just comfy together and didn't ever realize that it happened. They really hit home for me so many things. Like not vauling yourself or others on grades and those letters, how the things we learn are often not from the classroom, how to be comfy with people and be close to others, how to be more comfy with guys in general and rid me of a lot of my hate. I've learned to question myself and others more. Listen better, talk less....maybe not lower my decibles...but talk less. How, my anger should motivate me to do things, not just be angry. They help me grow.

There are lots of things that I need to think more about, grow more, but the main ones are that I need to be more patient with myself and others...We aren't at the end yet. And realize that a schedule helps but it won't break you to kill it.

That's it for now.

Ok I'm tired nithgt

ste
Posted by Steviek @ 23:35

Comments:

i'm just posting to say that i really appreciate and admire you, steph.
By Blogger secretzman, at 5:52 AM
and i went thru your old posts, and saw the comment you made on baby carrots? genetically modified?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-08-11-baby-carrot_x.htm

they're cut and shaped.
By Blogger secretzman, at 6:00 AM
invisible