Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

4.11.2005

More Words from DiDi ;) 

Since I know that my brother will not display this loudly....I'm going to do it for him ;D
ste

I don’t fit in…

They tell me I am American
They tell me I am Chinese
They tell me I am Asian…-American?
Who am I? Where do I belong?

Asians are short they say
Chinese are short they say
I am too tall they say
Who am I? Where do I fit in?

I am told I speak English with an accent
I am told I speak Chinese with an accent
Who’s accent is it? Where does it fit in?

Everywhere it says Americans are white
Everywhere it says Asians are yellow
My passport says I am American but my skin says I am Asian
Who am I? Where do I fit in?

I am me, because I fit in here, where I am, right now, right here.

Michael Kao

Leave Encouraging Thoughts for my brother!!
Posted by Steviek @ 22:50

Comments:

I understand what you are saying. I am not Asian but a few of my best girlfriends are.

I was just talking with my Mom the other night about how difficult the Asian race has it especially if you are a strong business woman.

From my understand in talking with my friends it goes something like this:

Asian men want us to be submissive but we arent

Caucasian men expect us to be submissive but we arent

To be Asian and not know the dialect of your ancestry is a crime within the Asian community.

To be Asian and have an accent, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc while speaking English is a crime within the Caucasian community.

As a "Caucasian" woman I want you to know that there are people out there that think other people really need a good ass kicking. Hey maybe we can send some of these assholes overseas and wish them luck in finding a restroom or food without the use of the english language.

Tell your bro to keep his chin up. There are a lot of bad people around but the ones that are good are usually really good.
By Blogger MRSX, at 11:02 PM
invisible