Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

5.02.2005

Loota Loota! 

Yeaaaah so ;)

Day 3

So we woke up a little later today and made it to the lourve. It was interesting. THere is so much art in that palace, but what really got me was that the palace. The rooms, the arches...everything, it's amazing to me that people use to actually live in such a place and it was all meant to serve a few people. But now...the hallways are crowded, the breathing is less, and the heat seems to wilt everything. Almost every room/hall was at least 20 feet tall. I probably have more pics of the building, rooms then the paitings themselves. We sat around and watched and looked around, for a few hours. It was cool, I like the paintings better, but most of them are religious....that was kind of erking me at the beginning. THere are so many painting with Jesus and Mary. Oh dear. All those nails, children, halos, etc. I just didn't know what to do. Pray, kneel down and cry for my sins, or walk down to hell. Couldn't decide. Then we saw some sculptures and most of them were missing arms, heads, feet, and....other parts *smirk* must control myself. THere were these 4 statues of the same exact guy, he was about 10 feet tall and his chin was on his chest and he was looking straight down and he was naked. muahaha. I really wanted to take a picture and um...yeah hehehe ;) there were 4 of them...looking down. Man...I was way too amuse, but I felt it would be a bit crude to take a pic. I really liked this one painting of this girl who was holding a spear and she was stepping on a demon with like short bat wings and she had wings on too but hers were a nice gold and blue. It was way cool.

Oh...it was phunny too. THere were tons of tours going on around the place. And so there were a couple fo chinese groups. ANd we ran across one group with a french european tour guide. Man...it was scary and her chinese was so good. And then we were standing around looking at staues and this group of chinese people start touching the statue and then a tour guide who is white and speaking in french comes over and says in chinese "don't touch please" and the group of chinese people look kind of scared. I realized that this was because there is such a difference in how europe views learning other languages then compared to the US. In the US we are like, a couple of years is fine etc etc. But in Europe they will learn it and learn it very well. My mom says it has some to do with the need and the closeness of other countries. I agree, but there still needs to be an emphasis which the US does not place on learning other languages...which is unfortunate and should be done. sigh. Yet another problem.

After that, we went shopping for a bit and then headed to a southern part of Paris and Chinatown. There are a few things that my family needs to do when we travel:
1. Buy a cup with the place where we are at on it
2. Visit the local market and pick up lots of edibles
3. Find a local chinese resturant to eat at
And those are the only things that we need to do when we travel ;)

The chinatown was very interesting in that it was different from the US chinatown. There were people other than asians there and seems like the french are more ok with walking into other areas for sure. But you could tell that it wasn't as good of town as the center of paris. Kind of run down and the buildings are a little newer and not preserved. DId that make sense? oh well too bad.

I've noticed that there seems to be an asian fetish going on with the french, just like with the US. The huge expensive department store that we went to the other day, has this whole theme going called "Bollywood at the Galaries" The Galaries is the department store that we went to the other day. So all the indian sales people were wearing traditional clothes etc etc, and all the things with the department store brand were of indian style. ALso on the street, many of the kids and people are wearing chi puas, etc etc. But at the same time it seems so crude how they adopt the asian cultures. Also, I was in an arts and crafts store, and they had written chinese chracters on a sheet and then hung it up on the wall. Sooooooo, there is a 50/50 chance for anyone to hang up characters correctly, up or down. And I feel like, they get it wrong more than 50% of the time. blah blah blah. Seriously...makes me angry....we will not go into it today

I'm sooooooooooooooo HAPPY! we went into the chinese supermarket and guess what we ran across....Lian Wu! I was so happy. I haven't gotten it in so many years. It's like my favorities fruit, right up there with guava and I only have it in Taiwan. And gawin was bragging to me the other day about how she had it and that made me angry...cause I want I want I want! And I've had. They are thin redish greenish skin on the outside, an inside the meat is a little whiteish greenish styrophom like. And sweet and good. Yum yum. It made up for the day of aching back and feet.

And yet again, I relize that I am just not patient enough and too independent for my family...I wonder where I got it from. I hate waiting in lines...I can do it but don't like. I also have a faster pace of walking...even my medium to slow is too fast for my family. ANd I'm not even walking that fast. And I seem to leave them behind too often. Why do we need to walk to each painting and sculpture together and gaze at it together...I don't need to.

Well that's about it. Except I'm not talking to my brother....cause he's an idiot. la lala...for the stupid! Just reminds me why I'm happy he's on north campus.

Wow we just saw a bird talking in chinese. Way cool.

ste
Posted by Steviek @ 14:58

Comments:

invisible