Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

6.14.2005

Brain Kill....& Rape 

Ok it's official. My brain has died. It started gradually with my eyes and then slowly expand backwards on the highways that extend between my eye sna dbrain. I've just sat infront of the computer for 5 min, just staring at the screen. 5 min of nothingness...how did I do it, usually I can't sit still really for what....3 min tops? And here I am starying at the flickering screen for 5. My eyes can't take it anymore. Any minute they are going to pop out and dribble all over my sweater and onto the key board.

So last night. I'm trying to fall asleep and nex thing I know, there is giggling and high pitch girl screens from the neighbors. I hear lower muttering of a man's voice. If I had really tried I probably could have heard their whole conversation. At first I thought they were just playing. But the girl kept screeching...I thought she was being tickled, but on closer listening...I didn't hear any giggling anymore. And I couldn't tell if it was actually domestic violence or not. I was like...well if it was, I was going to call the police. But I had such a hard time deciding if it really was that I actually feel asleep listening for so long. Finally I decided it wasn't, I'm not sure why, I think because I was so tired I was like...it just is and I was fed up with this girl screeching....so I rapped my knuckles against the wall and they stopped. Thank goodness...sleep. I swear everyone was out to make sure I got the least sleep as possible.

But you know, domestic violence is really a difficult issues. For bystanders...how is one to actually tell if it is dom. vio.? Are they just kidding? having a little fight? And if it actually is, could you really call the polic on it. I think the main issues is, does one hit, batter, or word count as domenstic violence? A lot of people when they hear about the issues, or the story of someone going through that kind of violence think, oh I would get out rght away, who would be stupid enough to stay?? But in the actual situation I think the real question is, can you say the same again?

Being the victim of such violence is such a difficult situation. When do you draw the line...when is it actually considered "domestic violence" or just punishment or phun? I'm not just talking about partners but I'm also talking about between family relatives, to your childern, from your aunts, uncles, grandparents etc. The first time it hits, its so unexpected and you're just amazed that the person acutally did it. Then you convince yourself that it won't happen again...so you stay. And the cycle continues. There are so many different reason that people stay, and they are all very valid reason to that person. And it is always that person's decision to stay or not. You might be one who would want to leave, but could you really say the same until you are in the situation?

In some ways I think many view domestic violence, since it occurs to women so much, as mainly the woman's fault. She can leave can't she? Or maybe she asked for it. It's in some ways very similar to how people view rape. She asked for it? She's a tease...it's almost like...what girl wouldn't want to be raped. You got to be kidding me. The fact that our government and society have a hard tim protecting children against convicted child molesters and believing women when they are raped or violence is committed against them makes me so angry. These are the people, especially children, need support and protection and its not offered and in so many ways it is hoarded.

When a woman walks in and says she's been raped, the first thing should be to make sure she's comforted, and be on a charge to find the person who inflicted. But I feel like the first feels many people have are....are you sure you were raped? Like geez I wouldn't know if I wasn't raped, if I had my body violated? I know people will point to how girls have misused the call of rape but honestly...does that mean we mistrust the rest of womenkind? It's like saying well....some men have raped, so all men are probably rapists underneath it all.

God damn it. If I get raped I expect to get the respect I deserve as another person who has been violated. And if not...you will definatlly feel my wrath.
Men can stop Rape
Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
Posted by Steviek @ 13:18

Comments:

invisible