Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

6.11.2005

Day of Festival & Howl's Moving Castle 

Today we went into Detroit Festival ran around with madhu and Steph and erin and....jarad? is his name no? And it was phun phun. But we ran into this one music group with a ball of drum and two gutairs....and this long wire thing...its the silver thing in the pick and it has like 5 wires attached with weights at different points to give it different sounds. It was so cool looking. But I never got to see them play. But here's a pic and there's music samples below. Madhu thought the guy who played the gutair was hot...he was pretty cute ;D (Guy in pick) Also the drum globe, there were some drum with metal centers and when it was plugged in and you hit it,it would make a differnt sound, then that of a drum. Waaaaaaaay cool.
Mass Ensemble
Music Sample

And I accidentally pulled the chair out from underneath slchang. She got made at me cause wehn I could have said don't sit down, I just started laughing. I didn't mean to, the chair was wet and there were chairs that were dry, but I just couldn't talk quick enough. It was so phunny I laughed for like a....5 min....5 min.

Just wanted to throw in a pic of beth being silly. SHe has a similar picutre of me but fortunatly its not digital and can't be posted on the web like this ;D


So, I was looking at movies online and I ran across the fact that Howl's moving castle was being released in the US. So I was like...oh maybe I'll go watch it on the big screen. I clicked on the trailer and you know what....they were speaking english. I rolled my eyes. ANyways. I watched it today with my roommate and I LOVED IT. honestly....I love this guy, Hayao Miyazaki. His movies always hit the spot. This movie is simplier than his other movies and has more to do with love and stuff and the people themselves. There are other movies that I love of his, like Nausicaa, princess mononoke, Latupa. ahhh my heart. I'm on a high of this movie
Studio Ghibli Fan Site
Official Studio Ghibli

My roommate wants this pic up. So you may all smile as I ride off into the sunset with my donkey.


PS. If you see my brother wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It's his bday today ;D
Posted by Steviek @ 21:08

Comments:

yeah, yeah, i just saw Howl's today too. 偶然だな!unfortunetly, i doubly miss seeing it on the big screen... had to settle for a bootleg - damn people kept getting up to use the bathroom and cast their shadows all over the place.

Beth's true nature revealed.

Happy Birthday to your brother.
By Blogger Aaron E.K., at 5:39 AM
hahaha i don't think he was hot, just kind of cute when he's playing with his head down. i really wish you would've stuck with us, we ended up seeing them play twice, once during the day and then once when we were coming back from dinner (at cass cafe, which is the shit... they have this amazing walnut/ lentil/ mushroom veggie burger thing). anyway, at night, they had really cool pink lighting that made the drum look like it was glowing. it was soo cool. and the other performances were just as awesome. next time, stay! :) but at least you got to go and see other cool things (and get our picture taken like we were at disneyworld!) oh, really long comment, i'm done now.
By Blogger Madhu, at 10:03 AM
invisible