Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

6.30.2005

Mirror Mirror on the Wall 

With Vulcan as My Landscaper New York times article about Lava living in Hawaii. SOme lady was found living in a lave tube, which is kind of against the law and kind of disrespectful of Pele....hmmm but its interesting and there are some really great pictures of Lava.

.:'

So I was talking to Stephen last night about mirrors. ANd we were talking about dreams where we don't have a reflection in mirrors and how we don't really agree on our reactions and mirrors.

I really don't like mirrors. I think that the longer you stare in the mirror, the uglier you get. So when I walk by mirrors, I don't stop, I don't stare, it's a flicker and than I scurry off to where I can't see my reflection. Stephen was saying seeing your reflection is a confirmation that you are alive, that you are there. But is it really?

The mirror, it doesn't capture anything, it just reflects what it sees back. It is nothing with out objects around it. What if it was in a huge white room...it would just become part of the wall, the floor or the ceiling. And it depends on the mirror of how it reflects it back, sometimes it distorts and sometimes its just a shiny bit of something. I hate my room right now, cause the closet doors are all mirrors, I try and push them back to shari's side when we go to bed so i can't see myself.

I think part of the reason I don't like the mirror, is because when I don't look in the mirror, I forget what I look like. I don't think about it, don't think about hte moles, the scars...if my hair is sticking out at weird angles, if my clothes are on right. I just don't care cause I can't see it, but the mirror reminds me... to care about my looks...

.:'

Online Dating? Thin and Rich Works Here, Too
Speaking of looks, so I ran across this article and I'm like laaa....stupid. But some of the worst parts is the stats they give in the article. Here are some excerpts and my rants.

Having a lot of money is good for attracting e-mail messages, at least for men. Those men reporting incomes in excess of $250,000 received 156 percent more e-mail messages than those with incomes below $50,000. Women like men with a higher income than they have but men do not want to date women who earn more than they do.

Now see here. This is stupid, what the hell is your problem with your significant other making more that you and is female. These's stats say so much about our society and the place of women. Why is there this expectation and why can't guys deal with the fact that some females are going to make more money than them. Get over! Is the ego and pride so great that you have to expect something like this and pass up women who don't fit it. I wonder if guys don't date girls cause they make more money than them. Grrrrrrr...stupid...they aren't worth it or my time, but I have a feeling they make up a good majority

What about this one!
The worst thing a man can say is that he is "seeking a casual relationship," receiving 42 percent fewer e-mail messages than he would otherwise. A woman, by contrast, gets 17 percent more e-mail messages by reporting this goal.

Take it as you like. People could just say that its men and woman differences but what about what we teach our children. Oh girls have to wear pink, like floffy things, play with barbie dolls and have tea parties. Boys wear blues and greens, play with GI joes and war weapons, have to be stronger and not cry, mainly less emotional. Grrr you wanna die!? Cause I can arrange it for you, right here right now!

.:'

An Inexpensive Laser Printer Gives the Inkjets a Run for Their Money This Printer is so cute! just want to pick it up and take it home!

Bush sets up domestic spy service Ahhh we are going to all get arrested!

Taiwan ponders constitutional reform Issues Issues Issues. At least they aren't seriously considering a name change again. China did it way back and got disrecognized because of it. It's just hilarious sometimes. hopefully these issues will get solved soon, but its doubtful and there are so many corners to force oneself into. My uncle last year, left taiwan because of the election stuff. He was so fed up with Taiwan politics that he left for a couple of months ot visit people around the globe, I think he went to Italy to visit my great aunt, came to WA, seattle and spokane, Vancouver BC, and Cali. ANd probably much more...just don't know. Ahhh well...I wish I was retired to do that

Women gear up for gaming invasion oh yeah! ;p

Myco - Hibari *Right Click & Save* Another from my-collage. To be honest, when I first listened to this albumn, I didn't really like it. I came back after a year or so and for some reason it really clicked for me...just waiting for me ;D

Rainbow Parties
Posted by Steviek @ 08:02

Comments:

oh yeah! and PS, the link for yesterdays post of the Myco song is working now. Sorry I wrote the link wrong ;D
By Blogger Steviek, at 10:33 AM
so i'm downloading HIBARI as i type. in other news - or no news - i can't find my NYTIMES pword... but the Rainbow - i wonder if it is the same one... my sister joined the Rainbows the summer before last. she's always been kind of FURYOU - but since she's moved to Texas *austin* things have been better. i'm expecting her to visit me - make the world a little more 'real.' as far as Texas goes, our texas week is approaching - our commissioner general is a Bush appointee, so the Republican colors run deep in our pavilion - at least as far as the board is concerned. main management is ex-Toyota gripping about the GM sponsorship. and well, we guides are of all colors. somehow i've become distracted from 'leaving my comment.'
i don't know much about mirrors, but the ladies do seem to take an interest in the money.

okay,okay, HIBARI just started to play. 自由が増えている。かならず出来る。
By Blogger Aaron E.K., at 1:19 PM
invisible