Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

6.17.2005

Tuitions, Emerald Earrings, and....Happiness 

University of Washington Pricing Change

This is a link is to an article in the Seattle Times in regards to UW and their difficult with offering schooling to the students in WA state. UW has started to become similar to Berkeley in that students usually don't graduate till 5 yrs after because they can't get into the classes that they needed to get into. The number of freshman is huge and it overtakes everything. Including the dorm rooms: there were horror stories about how 3 -4 kids had to share a room only meant for 2. Its amazing and sad that the university doesn't have the ability to cover all the students who want to go the University. A big roll is the budget cuts and the diminishing support and money that they get from the state and federal government. The idea is to have a ladder system, with the richer students paying more while less well off students pay less. Its an interesting idea that has been put into place at the university of miami in Ohio (you know they were thinking abou the beach when they named the university, too bad they were in the middle of the nation -- jk I'm not sure)

But at the same time, it upsets me that our public university's have to fight for money like this. And that parents would rather send their kids to private schools because the public isn't supported enough and doesn't offer enough. What is wrong with us that we cannot see the indirect relationship of how we spend our tax money will support the education of our future? And I think its sad that once people have left college and are working that they are not willing to invest in education that made it possible to reach the stage they are at for others. And college students and younger are left to fight in a system they know very little about -> due to their public education no less. Why are americans so short termed in some ways? That's not very fair of me....cause I'm way too long termed

I didn't but...I did and now I'm *ashamed* ^^ or not. So most of you know of my recent obsession with no other than Howl's Moving Castle no? I watched it for the 3rd time last night since I got it...on Saturday? oh dear me my. Well lately I've been fantasizing bout.....earrings...these green earrings that howl wears. I really want them. yes Damn it I WANT THEM and I'm not ashamed to admit it. They have them for cosplay but I just want them. I found a review and an example in the link above. Yes, I searched on google for Howl's earrings. Sue me. And then buy me a pair ;D I don't like the ones in the link...but they are close enough to make me drool.

I ran across an interview ith Miyazaki. It's really great. I really love what he says. And they also talk about why most of his movies are woman leads...which is fantastic. I hope he makes more and more movies! Pictures of the Movie at the Seattle PI -> have to click on link on side of artical

So I meet my GM mentor for lunch today. She seems like a really nice person and stuff. But she kept saying something about this....its what you make of it. I felt like she was implying that if you want to be happy with what you are doing, then you will. And part of me agrees with her, but is it really that simple? Is it so simple that you yourself can make yourself happy or unhappy. It would definatlly put all the responsibility on me and I couldn't point fingers anymore. But it almost seems to extreme to me...claiming that nothing else effects you except yourself. I wonder....but it seems so simple, you can make yourself happy and satisfied. but if its so easy then why does everyone have such a hard time doing it?
Posted by Steviek @ 14:39

Comments:

Hi there!

last month, while searching the net for - what else? - Howl's earrings! - I found your blog. Ok, so I am not alone in my obsession. Anyway, I went to a gem cutter and found jade drop beads that are the closest to Howl's, and MADE MY OWN. If you still want the earrings like that, write to me, I'll make you a pair. I can send you a picture of my own ear adorned Howl-style! ;) It really helped to heal my crush.

Katya
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM
invisible