Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

7.19.2005

Death of All Forms 

In the Detroit Free press is an article from FRANK WU: We all favor diversity, now plan out best path. It's a good article about Affirmative Action. I really really like it and the analogy he makes at the end of Affirmative action is similar to a natural disaster and our different reactions to each and how they shouldn't differ that much. Kudos to SLchang for the article

Sharing for no one
Life is like a Boat - Rie Fu*Right click and Save as target* This is the Closing to the first season of Bleach. It's really haunting for me. And I play it over and over again...even though I shouldn't.

I found this little senario on the the Bleach Forums at Animesuki.com

Uryuu: My dad told me I sucked, I have to stay away from you, he's the LAST quincy, not me, and he took out a Menos in two shots.
Ichigo: My dad is a shinigami, probably a Captain, he took out Grand Fisher in one swipe, and his forearms are thicker than my legs.
*pause*
Uryuu: That sucks.
Ichigo: Yeah. It does.

Heheh...it's phunny. Ahhhhh good I want chapter 188. Tomorrow..... can't wait for

an article from the NY Times about how to code fruit now with lasers instead of stickers. How its not only for convienence but also to track our food for security. Not only that...this was probably the best "idea" in the whole article. Riiiiiiiiiight.

With the right scanning technology the produce could even be bar-coded with lots of information: where it comes from, who grew it, who picked it, even how many calories it has per serving," said Fred Durand III, president of Durand-Wayland. "You could have a green pepper that was completely covered with coding. Or you could sell advertising space.

The Riots in China are slowly growing...Hopefully they will actually be able to do something. In a lot of ways sometimes, I feel like China is this country of so many different contrasts. We'll see.

An article on Bush about the CIA incident stuff. If you don't have an NY Times account here is the BBC article. Gah. Only 3 more years. When I think about it....sometimes I feel like just fainting....the damange...the damange!

And lookie here, The KMT in Taiwan hold1st ever leadership elections in over 100 years. Could be interesting.

Lao Tribes were forced to leave their homes for the city to accommodate the US govt and EU's crack down on Opium Poppy Trade. Even though I really don't like Opium and it pisses me off to hear about Opium of any sort, this sort of pisses me off even more in the fact that the trade in Lao was only a very minor player and now in retrospect, authorities are saying

Western embassies concede that their anti-drug policy may have been over-zealously implemented.

Seriously...I feel like for almost anything that the US gov't takes on, it ends up saying this in the end. The tribes are having issues in regards to being uprooted, losing their livelyhood...etc etc...sigh. I'm goin to huddle in a little cave somewhere and live on my own.


Final Article. At least I'll try. Its about the Muslim Response to the Bombings in London on Blogs and the different responses and how people want a response from the Muslim Community...but its so big and varied in opinion that that is expectin too much.

A spectacular Flickr of some 4th of July sparkler Pictures. I think they used a long exposure to get those pics but its pretty sweet.

An article from the Pacific News Service about Marijuana, from a kid and his experince with his friends when they are stoned.

So Becky was over last night, cause she won't be around this weekend. We went out to eat at Red Robins because I've had this horrible craving for their french fries. After eating there I have to say....I've gotten old and can't take greasy foods anymore. My tummy just didn't sit well after that burger...even though it was really good. I'm so WEAK! oh gah. how am I goign to go home and have all my spicy food. I have this dish at home...its roughly translated as...knight of something or other. Its basically this huge big bowl, cabbage at the bottom, meat on the top and full of oil and spicyness and I think boiled in water. Ohhhh its soooooooo good and bad for you but it's so oil I'm not going to make it.

I give up. Just leave me here to rot to high heaven.
Posted by Steviek @ 08:14

Comments:

invisible