Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

7.14.2005

Green as your Nose 

For Surfers, a Roving Hot Spot that shares Woot! Wifi without the attachments and you can have lots of people on it. And its greeeeeeeeen ;3

An article from the NY times about a house robot called nuvo. The woman who writes the article is really phunny. She tests out Nuvo for 4 days and I can imagine myself doing the same exact things as she did with Nuvo. I want one now ;3

Green Buildings
I don't know how long ago, but I started having this fasination with Green Buildings. Basicly the building is built so that it has the least impact on the enviornment in different aspects such as water usage, energy usage, waste recyled reuse, etc etc. They try and integrated the building with the enviornment surrounding it as much as possible. Builds are something that humans put up because of a need for protection and shelter, I really don't feel that there will ever be a way for it to "be a part of nature", but I think that we should try and keep its impact low.

Most of the time, because of the type of material used to build these things and the time it takes to design and creat a building, the costs are higher. However, in the long run, the operating costs of these buildings are much much lower. This is due to things like, solar panels, reuse of water from toilets, collecting rainwater for usage, and my favorite: creating the building so that it takes advantage of the natural sunlight, usually the building is slanted in such a way to allow for sunlight in all areas of the building, and setting up ventilation that reduces the need for heating and air conditioning, such as taking advantage of the wind outside or the set up of the locations of the vents.

When this idea first came out, a lot of people were skepitcal, lately the tide is turning. Also, there are more architects and builders willing to build something like this, and enough suppliers of the special material to make it cost possible. This is just way too cool and it tickles me way too much. I want to live in one.

R-E-S-O-U-R-C-E-S
This is the best site that I found about Green Buildings. It provides indepth information about the different aspects of how to build green buildings. It also gives examples, benefit, etc. It pretty much lays it out for you on how it is. If you want a good intro, this is a good site.

Some initiatives of Green Buildings and some basic facts. The websites is pretty cool too, also talks about Weapons of mass desctruction, Climate changes, water, and recycling.

The US Green Building Council Provides information on legislations, the certificites that buildings can get, resources, news, workshops: cool things like that.

Whole Building Design Guide gives further information on tips and specifc designs for people. caool.

Hand Outs
Here's today's music. It's TM Revoution again. Its one of my favorites...its pretty fast. If you listen carefully at the beginning, you will hear water running as the artist burshes his teeth and hums the song. I don't know why I think its so great oh well ;3 Actually the first like month, whenever I heard this song I thought someone was calling my name. There's a part at the beginning of the song where a girl is calling someone. And I thought I would be hearing things when I heard the song and I would look all over my room. It was really phunny now that I think of it...but kind of frightening...ahhh well. Here's to my stupidity
Oh! My girl, Oh! My God!: TM Revolution *Right Click, Save as Target* Enjoy

I lied when I said that I loved you. Oh does that hurt....too bad

I was bored and took the test again...cause I'm obsessed. I was being truthful but I was feeling a little mean. YEAH ICHIGO;3 I'm going to try and get reji, his pic is soooo phunny

Take The quiz yourself


OK! Phew...I gave up. So I took it like over 15 times at least I kept getting Ichigo or Ishida. arrrgh. I don't know how to get Renji, but here he is. I cheated, don't tell. But tell me that the words on the pic don't give you a pause and then burst of laughter. Cause I know it me ;D

Take The quiz yourself
Posted by Steviek @ 08:07

Comments:

sweet. yeah, green building is a big part of the expo. check out some of the technologies they are employing around expo site:
http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/eco/index.html
see the items under point 3.
By Blogger Aaron E.K., at 10:16 PM
invisible