Uncustomary Hiccups

Deranged extreme.

11.22.2005

Rundown: Sliding down the wall 

So I haven't posted in a while. For all you hopefuls, China's post won't be up till I get home for xmas and I get the mass amount of pictures we took there. My family took so many that my mom couldn't even burn it on to a DVD cd. Can you imagine. Only my family. It was almost like, everytime there was more than 3 people together in the same general area and then five cameras would whip out and they would be like, we need to take group pictures! SIgh. I might get it earlier if my brother brings me pictures when he goes home for thanksgiving but probably not! so hehe ;D

I've been meaning to blog about something that pissed me off in class the other day. We happened to be talking about activism and corporations in a bschool class. ANd this kid sticks up his hand and is like, where do these people come from? They must all come from Seattle, becaseu the WTO riots were there and those people in Seattle are so weird. And he goes on to dig the whole and be like, yeah I was there for microsoft second wrong interviews(oh don't you sound so cool and smart) and was shocked by the people there. Diamond lanes, the whole atmosphere. And I'm just like yes! let us just generalize a whole area of the country aren't we good at that!And what the hell is wrong with caring about the earth and the water we are drinking. Yeah you might not understand since you've lived in auto capital of the US but still. Sometimes I don't understand what people are thinking!

And then some other kid goes on and is let me rephrase the first student's comments. ANd I'm like lets not! And this kid goes on to say that activists shouldn't even been around to do the things they do. I blew up! But really....why do people feel so comfertable just saying these things and just generalizing a whole population? And the teacher said nothing. And I'm like here I am being typecasted as this radical in the bschool. Honestly....sigh.

But it really does extend to how well people are able to just generalize a whole population. ANd really do these kids think about it when they walk out of hte classroom. Do people really think about these things and how they think about the people and institutions in their lives? SIgh....

So Gm, is going to lay off 30,000 employees. My mom sent me a email along the lines of "I guess you were right" Really...Iguess? hahahah my mom I knew she thought I was kind of out of my mind to turn down GM. But look at it. Its a huge ship and its stuck on a sandbar. Its still floating but really its just sinking further into the sand and its not going really anywhere. And to add onto further shadiness of Gm, there is this hybrid they put on display but its not actually a hybrid, people found out afterward. Oh dear.

And finally, Wouldn't it be hilarious if life was a musical. Everything you did or say would be in song and everypainful memory would be accompany by a song. Or how about having a soundtrack when you walk in the door or whatnot ;D
Posted by Steviek @ 11:09

Comments:

i bet it was the student's right hand that shot up into the air... political jabs aside, for whatever reason - be it the admissions dept. or the types of interests our institution attracts - the types of discussions that probably should take place among the student population do not to any sincere or informed degree - and by 'should' I mean issues that ought to concern the social and environmental conscious of, and bear with me here, "tomorrow's leaders." i'd like to contrast us to, say, the Political Science department; but i don't know if it'd help. at any rate, i'd say that from b-school experience students enjoy the sound of their own voices. but then, that is just another generality, isn't it? i suppose generalities must exist to a certain extent if any progress is to be made.

here's to better business and the coming of the fabled China-trip Post!
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 PM
Stop pressuring me about China! It will get up soon. Honest ;)
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM
invisible